Saturday, August 2, 2008

Monthly Update

Build emergency fund to 6 mo expenses - 98.6% (Up .3%)
Pay off car loan - 9.3% (Up 1.5%)
Pay off student loan - 7.3% (Up .2%)
House down payment -10% (Up 5.6%)

Yay, good month. Look, progress on the SL..hehe.

I'm having a really hard time fleshing out the emergency fund.
1- It's so much more fun to put money in the house DP fund, y'know?
2- About half of the remainder should be coming in interest over the next 8 months (when I plan to start looking at houses seriously).
3- I've been trying to hitch my bank account to my Schwab account so transfers are easier. I just got word that it is set up but the letter says I have to call to take advantage of the option. And when I meant easier, I mean I could push a few buttons on the computer at 10pm on a Sunday night... not get out of my recliner, pick up the phone, dial the number, speak with a representative..blah blah blah..

Anyway, maybe I need to make that the goal for August - fill up the e-fund.

No comments: