Friday, August 31, 2012

Monthly Update

Pay off student loan - 24.2% (Down .2%)
Roth 2012 - 64.7% (Up 3.4%)
Pay back savings - disability insurance - Done!  Woohoo!
Pay back savings - plumbing - 3.4%
Tires - 0%

I slacked off on the Roth contributions and skipped a payment on the student loan (I was ahead a month or two) so that I could concentrate for a moment on my savings.  I don't think I'll continue that trend.  I'm thinking back to normal Roth contributions and whatever's left can go to savings.  I do have some purchases to make in September, a chair for the living room and an opportunity came up to have help refinishing my hardwood in the office.  It looks like I can get most of that out of my monthly cash flow so hopefully no impact on funding the Roth.  While I hate to spend the cash right now, I'm super exciting because these items have been on the list for a few years and it will be nice to have them taken care of.

No comments: