Monday, September 1, 2008

Ding! Another 3 Points..

I asked for a credit limit increase on my credit card (to improve my utilization) and it seems to have spurred a mid-cycle balance update. At first I viewed this as a bad thing since my score dropped as the balance increased. But then I realized my statement balance was even higher than the reported balance so perhaps that was a good thing. I guess that's not to say they won't still report the statement balance in a delayed fashion. The odd part was it said the balance increased from $0 to $148 or something. I don't think my balance has been at zero for longer than a couple of days ever? I always pay in full and shortly thereafter another charge posts.. Whatever, I don't care. I'll care when I'm loan shopping, hopefully next year.

And in other surprising news, ING posted my interest today. Happy holiday? I didn't think banks ever showed activity on holidays..

No comments: