Friday, October 31, 2008

Monthly Update

Build emergency fund to 6 mo expenses - 98.8% (Down .8%)

Oops, bad month in the stock market world. Must..add..more..cash. I do have extra funds this month after paying myself first and paying bills so at least some of the extra can go here.

Pay off car loan - 14.9% (Up 1.5%)
Pay off student loan - 8.6% (Up .7%)
House down payment - 32.7% (Up 11.1%) Oh my gosh, getting excited.

It's getting hard though. I find myself thinking thinks like, "At this time next year, I'll have trick-or-treaters." Or, "At this time next year, I'll be raking my own leaves." You know? Blahhh. There are two open houses this weekend in my target locale and price range so I might check them out. I'm aiming to form healthy ideas about what sort of housing you get for the price. I tell myself it will be less painful to reform my goals now than say, in 5 months when I might be house-shopping. Ooh, and I found out you can amend your 2008 taxes to to get the first time homebuyer's interest-free loan if you buy the house before 7/1/09. I was thinking I'd have to wait months.

Yes, and for the first time since I started paying attention, my net worth has gone done. Yayyy, stock market. Hopefully we're almost at the bottom.. Any day now..

No comments: