Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Yearly Goals

2010

My one and only goal for 2010 was to pay off my car. Fail. I have $304 left. That's not too bad though. With a little luck I will whack the rest in January. Worst case I will take my tax refund and put the car debt to bed. But I don't think it will come to that :) Looking back I can think of a few purchases that derailed that goal, especially in the last month. In the last month I bought a cabinet for the bathroom ($113), a WII and Guitar Hero ($180), and a blu-ray player ($100). That's the rest of my car loan and extra right there. No regrets on the first two. The blu-ray player I bought before I decided I wanted a Wii, for the sole purpose of streaming Netflix. So really now it is not necessary. But I still love it for its purposes. I thought I may sell it on Craigslist or eBay to recoup some costs but now I think I will keep it.

2011

1. Net worth = $45,000.
I don't think this will be a struggle if the stock market continues to behave.

2. Pay back what I owe myself - around $700 to my Roth and around $900 to my savings. I didn't actually take money from my Roth but I had a deal with myself :) that I would put my homebuyer's tax credit into my Roth as I paid off my car. At some point I must have paid off my car without putting the same amount in my Roth. I honestly can't recall the circumstances but if my spreadsheet says it is so, I'm sure it is so.

No comments: