Saturday, May 29, 2010

Monthly Update

Pay off car loan - 73.7% (Up 1.1%)
Pay off student loan - 12.9% (Up .5%)
E-fund 2 - 57.9% (Down 2.4%)

I'm officially back to making full payments on the student loan. I had paid several months ahead a few years ago and recently I've been making half payments and letting it "catch up." I'm sad to be making slower progress on the car loan but it feels good to be making headway on the student loan finally. E-fund 2 for a refresher is the back-up emergency fund which I have in more volatile stock funds, that's why there's a decline.

Overall not too bad. Credit card got put to use again this month for a couple more vet bills and some supplies for my handy man. I think we are done with projects for awhile and the pup's current skin issues trial will go on for almost 2 more months so we should be free of vet visits next month (crossing my fingers).

Oh, in my last post I mentioned it would be nice to have a dehydrator. Well I ordered one from Amazon yesterday. Between the free shipping and a gift certificate I got with my rewards from MyPoints, I got a dehydrator with the jerky kit for less than $15. Woohoo! I've been looking up fruit leather recipes in anticipation of it's arrival. If you aren't familiar with MyPoints, you basically tell them what kind of ads you would like to see in your email and then when you click through the links you get points. When you have enough you choose your reward, in the form of a gift card. They have many options. My activity usually amounts to maybe $25 per year. No jack pot but a nice way to treat myself. Also good for the online shopper. If you start there and then go to the website, you can earn points based on the $$ you spend.

No comments: