Saturday, February 26, 2011

Monthly Update

Pay off student loan - 16.1% (Down .2%)
E-fund 2 - 91.6% (Up 12.6%)
Put $2500 back into house fund - 100% Woohoo!
Put $768 into Roth IRA - 100% Woohoo!

My state and federal refunds came in the last 2 weeks or so. I put half into savings and my Roth to complete two goals above. I put the other half into savings temporarily 'cause I will be spending it within a few months.

My student loan didn't get a payment since last month, when I made two payments, so the balance is actually up a bit = backwards progress.

I consider my Roth part of my second emergency fund so that's why the nice jump there. I didn't realize I would be so close to completing that goal.

I'm not sure what's next. As I've stated about a gazillion times before, I would like to pay off my student loan, but financially that's not the smartest move. But the other goals I have in mind would be even less in my financial interest. The next two items I would like for the house are a fence and new windows. I'm not sure which comes first. And I want to continue putting money in my Roth as I save for household items. So I will have to decide on my next goals. But I don't think the student loan will be getting much action.

No comments: