Wednesday, November 23, 2011

CDs

Happy Thanksgiving kids! A day early. But I already celebrated :)

So I just got the note that my CD is coming up for renewal soon. I can lock in .6% for another year. Boy I can just hardly contain my excitement. I'm thinking I will move that money to the GNMA bond fund. I put a couple of hundred dollars in GNMA awhile ago while I debated if I felt comfortable putting more there. The answer is yes! The risk? This is part of my emergency fund and it's not federally insured like the CD was. But still, the risk remains relatively low. For me I think the small risk is worth the extra gains.

In other news, my cat was approved for the expensive treatment. Bye-bye fence fund. He goes next week, and I still don't have the total. Thankfully it's going on the credit card so I have a few weeks to shift my dollars around. I am excited though. I will think of it as an early Christmas present, to both of us.

No comments: