Saturday, February 13, 2010

Tax Refund Time

Yay, one of my favorite times of the year. Now I know there are naysayers out there who think you shouldn't give the government an interest free loan. If you're one of them, you'll be disappointed to find the interest rate on my savings account is just over 1% at this time so I'm missing out on like $20 worth of interest. Seriously. I'll rethink my strategy when the interest rate nears 5% or if I ever have high-interest credit card debt.

So my plans are like this. 1/3 is going to my emergency fund to replace what I borrowed last month. 1/3 will be split between getting the tree trimmed and paying some down on my car loan. I'm about 90% sure the last 1/3 will be getting me a piano. My refund is around $2500 this year so I'm talking starter piano. I was delighted to find it will be much cheaper than I had figured to trim the tree, provided the neighbors let me use their backyard. They ought to, since they use my driveway at will and since they requested the tree be trimmed..

Hope your tax season is going well!

No comments: