Thursday, February 4, 2010

Roth IRA

Woohoo! I opened a Roth IRA. My hold up had been that Schwab required a $1000 minimum opening balance. I missed the other option, $100 monthly automatic transfer. I love Schwab, but I hate their money transfer interface. It's gotten slightly better than it used to be. You used to be required to mail forms in. Who does that anymore? Now you only need to mail forms in if you want to set up a recurring transfer. I'm one of those wackies who would rather log in every month and make my transfer than deal with mailing papers around the country only to find out you filled them out incorrectly and your request has been canceled. Hopefully I don't get dinged with a service charge next month.

On a side note, apparently they have until the 15th of February to mail my 1099. The 15th!! I think that is due to some new rule last year but I'm not entirely certain. At least I have a good idea how much I'm getting back so I'm rolling ideas around in my head :)

No comments: